Home‎ > ‎

Student FAQ

How do I get my account information and set my password?

You should receive your UNE account information and first time login instructions in the mail ahead of starting at UNE. This information is generally sent out once you are a deposited applicant.

How do I access my email?

UNE provides all enrolled students an email account. Your official UNE email account can be reached at http://outlook.com/une.edu. If you graduate from UNE you will keep your UNE email account for life; however, if you leave UNE for any other reason your email account will be disabled.

How do I forward my email to a non UNE email account?

Please click here to see instructions on how to forward your email.

How do I set up UNE email on my mobile device?

Please visit the Email on Mobile Devices page.

Is there a UNE Drop Box for transferring large files?

Yes. The UNE Drop Box (aka pluto.une.edu) is available to anyone (including non-UNE) for transferring files up to 1.5GB in size. The services has a maximum storage limit of 80GB and files are automatically deleted after 14 days if not collected sooner. The UNE Drop Box can be used to transfer all file types, but .exe files should be zipped/compressed prior to uploading; file names should not include spaces.

Please visit the Emailing Large Attachments page for further information.

How long will it take to get my computer/email account after I have registered for classes?

Your UNE accounts will not be accessible until after you have placed your deposit with UNE. 

Although, handled differently by each College, you should receive written communication that includes your UNE PRN (personal registration number), email address, Nor'Easter ID, and instruction on how to login to your account, sometime between depositing and the start of your classes.

How do I change my password?

Please visit the Password Portal, sign in and select Change Password from the menu. Follow all on screen instructions.

Don't forget to set your Password Challenge Responses to enable password self-resets should you forget your password at any time. Please visit Password Self-Reset Instructions page to see how to perform a self-reset.

I can't log on to a computer.

All UNE public access computers require login with your Nor'Easter ID and associated password. If you suspect that your password may be wrong, please review this FAQ for 'How do I change my password?' or contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.

I have forgotten my Nor'Easter account password, what should I do?

If you have previously set your Password Challenge Responses you can revisit the Password Portal and follow the link for 'forgot password' to perform a password self-reset. Please review this FAQ for 'How do I change my password?' for more instructions.

If you have not set your Password Challenge Responses you can contact the IT Help Desk for assistance with resetting your password.

Can someone help with an issue on my personal computer?

Unfortunately, UNE is limited to the support that can be provided on personal computers. There are links under User Services that explain the level of service that we offer and for recommended free anti-virus software.

Can I get a discount on a new computer?

For links to Dell and Apple sites that offer some educational discounts, please visit the Student/Personal Computer Purchasing page.

Personal Computer Recommendations

We recommend these specifications:  
  • 1.5GHz for XP
  • Processor with the word ‘CORE’ in the specifications or AMD equivalent for Vista and 7
Core i3 or greater
Operating System
  • Windows XP SP3 Home
  • Windows Vista Home
  • Windows 7 Home
Windows 7 Pro
Memory - RAM
  • 1GB for XP
  • 2GB for Vista and 7
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0
  • Firefox 6.X
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0, or 10.0
  • Firefox 20.X
  • Chrome 27.X
ProcessorIntel basedCore i3 or greater
Operating SystemOS X (10.4)OS X (10.6) or later
Memory - RAM1GB4GB or greater
  • Safari 4.X
  • Firefox 6.X
  • Safari 6.X
  • Firefox 20.X
  • Chrome 27.X

  • It is highly recommended that you check with the program you have enrolled in for any specific hardware or software requirements they may have.

    Where can I print?

    UNE provides printer for students in several locations that are listed on the User Services page.

    I need some help with Blackboard, who should I talk to?

    If you require assistance navigating or using Blackboard functionality, peers at the university can often be your best help. Your professor can also offer help and so can the Learning Assistance Center (LAC).

    Many Blackboard functionality issues are the result of Internet browser configuration. Please review Solutions to Common Browser problems for Blackboard for help troubleshooting or contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.
    For log in issues please refer to password questions in this FAQ or contact the IT Help Desk.

    If you do not have access to a course through Blackboard, please verify that you are registered for the course by contacting the Registrar, or through U-Online. Student will be enrolled within 24 business hours of course registration. If you are confirmed registered and still cannot access a live course, please submit an IT Help Desk ticket that includes the CRN of the course.

    I can’t log in to the E-Billing site.

    Please contact UNE Student Accounts (see contact info below) for assistance with any questions or issues related to this. Unfortunately, ITS has no access to this system.

    Business Hours: Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (except on major holidays)

    Student Accounts Services Offices are located on both campuses listed below:

    Biddeford Campus

    Student Financial Services
    Decary Hall, Room 107
    11 Hills Beach Road
    Biddeford, ME 04005
    Phone: 207-602-2425,  207-602-2457, or 207-602-2357
    Fax: 207-602-5968

    Portland Campus

    Student Financial Services
    716 Stevens Avenue (corner of College St. & Stevens Ave.)
    Portland, ME 04101
    Phone: 207-221-4265, 207-221-4219
    Fax: 207-221-4890 

    All correspondence should be sent to:

    Office of Student Financial Services
    c/o Student Accounts
    University of New England
    11 Hills Beach Road
    Biddeford, ME 04005

    My name has changed. Can my username be changed to?

    Unfortunately, there is no way to change your UNE Nor'easter username (used for myUNE, Google, Blackboard, U-Online). A name change request submitted to the Office of the Registrar will result in you name being changed on all UNE documentation, but not your account user name.

    How do I use Google Apps?

    Please review the Google Apps for Education support page for the help using Google Apps offered at UNE.

    How do I connect to the Internet/network in my residence hall?

    Please visit the Residence Hall Network Setup page.

    How do I connect my mobile device to UNEs wireless network?

    To connect your mobile device to the UNE wireless network, please follow instructions here.